So pretty sure one of my biggest source of daily stress with the kids is probably the constant fighting. It's getting better, and the peaceful sweet moments where they are playing together seem to be lasting for longer periods at a time. But it's the constant arguing over nothing, the screaming and yelling at each other, the hitting, the taking toys from each other, the crying, the tattle-tales, the taunting, the list just goes on and on and on. However, I recently discovered a new game that the kids play together wonderfully and Tayla just loves! It is nothing really groundbreaking, kids have been playing this for years but for my sweet angels, it stops ALL of the aforementioned list which pretty much equates to a miracle for me! ..... Tayla becomes Gavin's mommy. When Tayla is Gavins mommy she calls him "sweetie" and "hunny"; she tells him where to go and what to do; she gives him one of her babydolls' blankets and bottles, she brushes his hair, makes him go to bed, feeds him pretend food (usually pretend ice cream), asks him if he is stinky, puts his shoes on and takes them off, and the list goes on and on and on again. Gavin is 100% content to follow Tayla around and do whatever she tells him to because she is sweet to him and since Gavin is her "hunny" she doesn't take toys from him or ever be mean; she just loves him "because he's my sweetie, mom." Our home is a happy peaceful home when my Tayla is the mommy:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. That's neat. I think that's the first time I have ever heard of a child pretending to be a mommy to their younger siblings and have it not end up in horror. It never worked for me and my sisters... But less work for you! Woo Hoo!
haha i love the part where she asks if he's stinky! Ryanne used to do that! She would even take a peek in his diaper to see if he was messy! haha!
Taryn, I had no idea you have a blog! I read your other posts and you should NOT feel bad for having not written in a while; however, I enjoyed reading it and find your FB postings incredibly well-put and interesting. You should pursue this! I'm so proud of you and your big girl life! Have you checked out Emery's blog or mine? Emery's was hard to find at first and I of course post mine on FB every chance I get, which makes me feel a little like, "look at me, look at me!" But I have a particular purpose for it so the more readers I get, the better. Anyway, you're beautiful and amazing, cousin, and doing just fine. Love, Shelley
Post a Comment